GDPR Overview 2018
What do the data regulation changes mean for artists around the world
When does the GDPR come into effect?
What kinds of data are covered?
– Email Address
– Computer IP Address
– Likes / Dislikes
– Products they have purchased
– Social Networking Information
What are the GDPR requirements?
– That it is as easy for a person to give their consent to you storing their data as it is for them to withdraw that consent
– A person should be able to request that they view all data held on them, are provided with information on where it’s held and for what purpose
– A person should be able to request the deletion of any data held on them
– Parental consent is required to store data of any person under the age of 16
– Companies should take reasonable steps to protect the data they are holding
– Companies should report any breach in their database within 72 hours
– Companies who are organisations that engage in large scale data monitoring or processing should have a Data Protection Officer – a person who is the first point of contact for all things data